Encouraging Responsible Behavior: Combatting Drunk Driving Among College Students
Nearly one-third of all fatal accidents in the United States involve a drunk driver. Despite public awareness campaigns aimed at curbing this tragic statistic, impaired motorists continue to be a primary cause of serious collisions.
Every year, countless lives are lost and families are shattered due to this preventable tragedy. As part of our ongoing efforts to support education and foster positive change, we are pleased to announce our essay scholarship contest on the topic of “How College Students Can Discourage Drunk Driving.”
Award: The scholarship award is $1,000.
Essay Length: Essays must be 750 words in length.
- Applicants must be about to enroll or currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program, or community college in the United States.
- High school students may apply if they have been accepted to an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- Resume: Including contact details.
- Academic Transcript: This should include their cumulative GPA.
- Original Essay: On the topic of “How College Students Can Discourage Drunk Driving.”
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is February 10, 2025.
At Seva Law Firm, we believe in the power of education and the potential for positive change. Through our scholarship program, we hope to inspire college students to become advocates for responsible behavior and champions for safer roads.
We look forward to reading the insightful essays that will undoubtedly emerge from this contest and to supporting the continued academic success of our future leaders!
Together, let’s make a difference and help put an end to drunk driving.